- 200g dark chocolate
- 100g baking butter softened
- 250g caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1tsp vanilla flavouring
- 60g plain flour
- 60g cocoa powder
- A greased baking tin
- Heat the oven to 180C, gas 4 -if this is my sister reading then ask me to do it :))
- Break up the dark chocolate. Put into a heatproof bowl and melt in a pan or microwave. If you’re using a pan then place over simmering water, making sure the water doesn’t touch the base of the bowl. Remove the bowl from the heat and leave to cool until needed, but don’t let it set!
- Put the butter and sugar into a bowl and beat until fluffy. Gradually beat in the eggs. Now add in the vanilla essence.
- Spoon the cooled melted chocolate onto the mixture then mix in thoroughly. Sift the flour and cocoa powder onto the mixture and gently fold in.
- When completely combined, spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and spread evenly.
- Bake in the heated oven for about 20 mins until firm to the touch but still a bit squidgy.
- Remove the tin from the oven. Leave the chocolate brownies to cool completely before cutting into pieces.
- Now eat and enjoy and if you’re anything like me then make sure nobody can “secretly” steal them. Bye!!!!!